About Toni Bailey
As principal of Gracefully Green, LLC, Toni Bailey brings a combination of training, knowledge, and professionalism to each project. She is a graduate of the Landscape Design program at George Washington University and in 2008 completed a Master’s degree in Landscape Design at GW, with a concentration on sustainable landscape design. Pursuing her interest in native plants, in 2002 she interned with the Georgetown Garden Club in the Volta Park native plant garden. In 2004, she worked with the National Wildlife Federation to design a habitat garden in a Washington elementary school. She acquired skills in pruning while working with Yankee Clippers, a local company that specializes in hand-pruning shrubbery.
From 2011 through 2013, she served as Sustainability Committee Chair on the national board of the Association of Professional Landscape Designers. In addition, she is a member of Green Roofs for Healthy Cities, becoming an accredited Green Roof Professional in 2012, and has completed level one training in green walls with that organization. She is a trained contractor for the Montgomery County, Maryland Rainscapes program and the River Smart Homes program in the District of Columbia. In addition, she is a LEED Green Associate. Gracefully Green, LLC is an organizational member of the Maryland Native Plant Society.
An appreciation of the benefits of integrated design, an approach that addresses the landscape in conjunction with the building, led her to Amicus Green Building Center, where she consults on sustainable landscaping and offers occasional presentations. She strives to craft the landscape with an understanding of the objectives and constraints of the building, to seek a goal of achieving both “green” and beautiful and a harmonious effect that is the best of both worlds.
- Master of Professional Studies in Landscape Design, College of Professional Studies, The George Washington University
- Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Landscapes, College of Professional Studies, The George Washington University
Certifications and Training
- LEED Green Associate
- Green Roof Professional
- Permaculture Design
- Permeable Pavement Specialist Course Completion
- Montgomery County, Maryland Rainscapes Program
- District of Columbia RiverSmart Homes Program
- Montgomery County, Maryland Certified Green Business
- Association of Professional Landscape Designers
- Landscape Designers Group
- Maryland Native Plant Society
- Chesapeake Conservation Landscaping Council